June Midweek Score Series(4/4) Midweek Score, HameldonWed 26 June, 2019
Training level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Midweek SCORE Series. Event 4 of 4.
This is the FINALE and fourth event in the June Wednesday evening series designed for competition, practice and training.
Simple format - See below for scoring rules:
- MAXI (21 controls) = hard score course
- MINI (14 controls) = medium score course
Open to all abilities - novice, junior and adult competitors.
Turn up and go.
Near: Hapton, Burnley Lat,Lng: 53.76735,-2.33086 OS Grid Ref: SD782301 Postcode: BB11 5QT
Directions / Parking
Use the Kings Highway gated road at the east-side roundabout of the A56/A679 interchange. Park on one side of the road only (left side going up hill) and DO NOT obstruct any gateways. Registration here.
Map / Terrain
Hameldon woods and quarry is a very varied area with a mix of woods, open moorland and quarry workings. Some pits are deep and dangerous and are marked on the map with purple uncrossable boundary symbol.
Registration and Start times
Registration: 6:15 to 7:00PM
Starts: 6:30 to 7:15PM
Courses close at 8:00PM.
45 Minute Score series: Two courses:
MAXI Course: TD5/4 (21 controls). Maximum score - 315 points.
Control numbers: 101 to 107 -10 points, 111 to 117 - 15 points, 121 to 127 - 20 points.
Small area rules: Visit 10s, before 15s, before 20s.
10 points penalty per minute late, or part thereof.
MINI Course: TD4/3 (14 controls). Maximum score - 175 points.
Control numbers: 101 to 107 -10 points, 111 to 117 - 15 points.
Small area rules: Visit 10s, before 15s.
5 points penalty per minute late, or part thereof.
Control descriptions on the map will be IOF symbols.
A league table will be published weekly. Best 3 to count to the final result.
Seniors (M/W21+) £5
Juniors M/W20-) £2
First time orienteers, Free.
Dibber hire will be £1 and £40 if lost!
No dogs on courses please as there is stock on the open moor. Dogs may be exercised in the woods after the event.
Contacts / Officials
For general enquiries -