June Midweek Score Series(1/4) Midweek Score, Marl PitsWed 05 June, 2019
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Provisional results are now available.
In the league table, on the MAXI course only, points have been deducted if not taken in the sequence 10s before 15s, before 20s. Only one competitor has been affected by this rule.
On the MIDI course there were a large number of first time orienteers, so an executive decision has been taken NOT to apply the 10s before 15s rule. Thus the MIDI for this week has been run as a normal all controls score event.
See you all next week at Gawthhorpe.
Is a web browser app for sharing and comparing orienteering routes. You can draw your own route or upload a GPS track from your watch. It also allows you to watch an animated replay with a simulated mass start.
Midweek SCORE Series. Event 1 of 4.
This is the first event in the June Wednesday evening series designed for competition, practice and training.
(Next: 12th June Gawthorpe Hall, Padiham, 19th Alkincoats Park, Colne, 26th FINALE Tockholes Woods (changed venue).
Simple format - See below for scoring rules:
- MAXI (21 controls) = hard score course
- MIDI (14 controls) = medium score course
Open to all abilities - novice, junior and adult competitors.
Turn up and go.
Near: Rawtenstall Lat,Lng: 53.70467,-2.27371 OS Grid Ref: SD819229 Postcode: BB4 7SN
Directions / Parking
Park in the Leisure Centre car park. Follow tapes/signs to indoor Registration.
Map / Terrain
Marl Pits is a leisure centre with games pitches bisected and surrounded by woodland. The scarp of rough open land to the east is included.
Registration and Start times
Registration: 6:15 to 7:00PM
Starts: 6:30 to 7:15PM
Courses close at 8:00PM.
45 Minute Score series: Two courses:
MAXI Course: TD5/4 (21 controls). Maximum score - 315 points.
Control numbers: 101 to 107 -10 points, 111 to 117 - 15 points, 121 to 127 - 20 points.
Small area rules: Visit 10s, before 15s, before 20s.
10 points penalty per minute late, or part thereof.
MIDI Course: TD4/3 (14 controls). Maximum score - 175 points.
Control numbers: 101 to 107 -10 points, 111 to 117 - 15 points.
Small area rules: Visit 10s, before 15s.
5 points penalty per minute late, or part thereof.
Control descriptions on the map will be IOF symbols.
A league table will be published weekly. Best 3 to count to the final result.
Seniors (M/W21+) £5
Juniors M/W20-) £2
First time orienteers, Free.
Dibber hire will be £1 and £40 if lost!
No dogs on courses please.
Contacts / Officials
Planner - Judith Wood PFO
For general enquiries -