June Midweek Score SeriesCANCELLED - (2/4) SunnyhurstWed 10 June, 2020
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Midweek SCORE Series. Event 2 of 4.
This is the second event in the June Wednesday evening series designed for competition, practice and training.
(Next: 17th Nick O'Pendle, 24th Calf Hey FINALE.
Simple format - See below for scoring rules:
- MAXI (21 controls) = harder, longer, ratchet score course
- MIDI (14 controls) = medium, medium, ratchet score course
- MINI (14 controls) = easier, shorter, standard score course
Open to all abilities - novice, junior and adult competitors.
Turn up and go.
Near: Darwen Lat,Lng: 53.70214,-2.48608 OS Grid Ref: SD679229 Postcode: BB3 1JA
Directions / Parking
Park sensibly in the widest parts of Earnsdale Road. Registration at the corner covered gate.
Map / Terrain
Wooded parklands with steep valley sides. Good path network.
Registration and Start times
Registration: 6:15 to 7:00PM
Starts: 6:30 to 7:15PM
Courses close at 8:00PM.
45 Minute Score series: Three courses:
(FINALE is 60 Minute Score)
MAXI Course: TD5/4 (21 controls). Maximum score - 315 points.
Control numbers: 101 to 107 -10 points, 111 to 117 - 15 points, 121 to 127 - 20 points.
Small area ratchet rules: Visit 10s, before 15s, before 20s.
10 points penalty per minute late, or part thereof.
MIDI Course: TD4/3 (14 controls). Maximum score - 175 points.
Control numbers: 101 to 107 -10 points, 111 to 117 - 15 points.
Small area ratchet rules: Visit 10s, before 15s.
5 points penalty per minute late, or part thereof.
MINI Course: TD4/3 (14 controls). Maximum score 140.
Standard score course, controls in any order. 10 points each.
For novices and improvers, at Orange standard.
Control descriptions on the map will be IOF symbols.
A league table will be published weekly for the MAXI and MIDI classes. Best 3 to count to the final result.
Seniors (M/W21+) £5
Juniors (M/W20-) £2
Dibber hire £1, but £40 if lost!
Dogs are permitted on courses provide they are under control.
BOF event number 77861
Contacts / Officials
Planners - Kay Hawke PFO & Emma Taylor PFO
Series Organiser - George Crawford-Smith PFO
For general enquiries -