June Midweek Score SeriesCANCELLED (3/4) Nick O'PendleWed 17 June, 2020
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Midweek SCORE Series. Event 3 of 4.
This is the first event in the June Wednesday evening series designed for competition, practice and training.
(Next: 24th Calf Hey FINALE.
Simple format - See below for scoring rules:
- MAXI (21 controls) = harder, longer, ratchet score course
- MIDI (14 controls) = medium, medium, ratchet score course
- MINI (14 controls) = easier, shorter, standard score course
Open to all abilities - novice, junior and adult competitors.
Turn up and go.
Near: Sabden Lat,Lng: 53.83916,-2.34466 OS Grid Ref: SD774381 Postcode: BB7 9HL
Directions / Parking
Park at the tarmac car park 200m south of the cattle grid between the Nick and Sabden.
Map / Terrain
Open, rough grassy terrain, with many landform features.
The MAXI course will use a brown, blue, green and selected black features only map. Bring a compass!
Registration and Start times
Registration: 6:15 to 7:00PM
Starts: 6:30 to 7:15PM
Courses close at 8:00PM.
45 Minute Score series - Three courses:
(FINALE is 60 Minute Score)
MAXI Course: TD5/4 (21 controls). Maximum score - 315 points.
Control numbers: 101 to 107 -10 points, 111 to 117 - 15 points, 121 to 127 - 20 points.
Small area ratchet rules: Visit 10s, before 15s, before 20s.
10 points penalty per minute late, or part thereof.
MIDI Course: TD4/3 (14 controls). Maximum score - 175 points.
Control numbers: 101 to 107 -10 points, 111 to 117 - 15 points.
Small area ratchet rules: Visit 10s, before 15s.
5 points penalty per minute late, or part thereof.
MINI Course: TD4/3 (14 controls). Maximum score 140.
Standard score course, controls in any order. 10 points each.
For novices and improvers, at Orange standard.
Control descriptions on the map will be IOF symbols.
A league table will be published weekly for the MAXI and MIDI classes. Best 3 to count to the final result.
Seniors (M/W21+) £5
Juniors (M/W20-) £2
Dibber hire £1, but £40 if lost!
No dogs on courses as this is sheep country.
BOF event number 77862
Contacts / Officials
Planner - Peter Stobbs PFO
Series Organiser = George Crawford-Smith PFO
For general enquiries -