June Midweek Score Series(4/4) FINALE Calf HeyWed 24 June, 2020
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Midweek SCORE Series. Event 4 of 4. FINALE
This is the final event in the June Wednesday evening series designed for competition, practice and training.
Simple format - See below for scoring rules:
- MAXI (21 controls) = harder, longer, ratchet score course
- MIDI (14 controls) = medium, medium, ratchet score course
- MINI (14 controls) = easier, shorter, standard score course
Open to all abilities - novice, junior and adult competitors.
Turn up and go.
Near: Haslingden Lat,Lng: 53.70166,-2.37302 OS Grid Ref: SD754228 Postcode: BB4 4AT
Directions / Parking
DO NOT use the cafe car park which will be closed before you finish running!
Use the lower car park. Awkward turn off the main road, if approaching from the west.
Map / Terrain
A mix of open terrain with some old stone extraction features, plus excellent classic orienteering woodland.
Registration and Start times
Registration: 6:15 to 7:00PM
Starts: 6:30 to 7:15PM
Courses close at 8:00PM.
FINALE is a 60 Minute Score: Three courses:
MAXI Course: TD5/4 (21 controls). Maximum score - 315 points.
Control numbers: 101 to 107 -10 points, 111 to 117 - 15 points, 121 to 127 - 20 points.
Small area ratchet rules: Visit 10s, before 15s, before 20s.
10 points penalty per minute late, or part thereof.
MIDI Course: TD4/3 (14 controls). Maximum score - 175 points.
Control numbers: 101 to 107 -10 points, 111 to 117 - 15 points.
Small area ratchet rules: Visit 10s, before 15s.
5 points penalty per minute late, or part thereof.
MINI Course: TD4/3 (14 controls). Maximum score 140.
Standard score course, controls in any order. 10 points each.
For novices and improvers, at Orange standard.
Control descriptions on the map will be IOF symbols.
A league table will be published weekly for the MAXI and MIDI classes. Best 3 to count to the final result.
Seniors (M/W21+) £5
Juniors (M/W20-) £2
Dibber hire £1, but £40 if lost!
No dogs on courses as this is sheep country.
BOF event number 77864
Contacts / Officials
Planner - Judith Wood PFO
Series Organiser - George Crawford-Smith PFO
For general enquiries -