October Street-O (8/10)AccringtonWed 05 October, 2022
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
This event is pre-entry only for Solo, Pairs or Trio teams. Entry is limited to 60 starts.
All participants must wear a hi-viz vest and must carry a torch and/or head-torch for winter or twilight events. In case of light failure, backup lighting is advised.
Each single competitor or team will need a dibber (your own, or hired at £1 on entering), a watch, a pen/pencil/clipboard.
For age rules concerning junior participation, see 'Entry Details' below.
Near: Accrington Lat,Lng: 53.76472,-2.35873 Postcode: BB5 5BD
Directions / Parking
Accrington Cricket Club, BB5 5BD
Map / Terrain
Street-O competition is on local streets, main roads, parks, ginnels, semi-rural areas and footpaths.
MAP SCALE: The competition map for this event is 1:12500, in simplified format. The increased map area gives more scope to fast runners on the 75 minute Score.
Cobbled alleys, pavements, stairways and paths, some steep, may be slippery when wet.
Wear suitable studded shoes.
Registration and Start times
Starts from 6:00PM to 7:00PM at minute intervals.
You can choose your 15 minute start block when you enter the event.
Start and Finish will be close to the parking and meeting point.
Each individual or team will be issued with one Dibber (if hired), one clue/answer sheet (issued pre-Start) and one course map (issued at the Start).
Example maps and clue sheets of previous events will be available to view.
Scoring: Controls are numbered 10 to 64. The first digit multiplied by 10 is the score value. Thus there are 10 x 10 points controls, 10 x 20, 10 x 30, 10 x 40, 10 x 50 and 5 x 60. The higher the score value, the greater the distance and/or difficulty.
Time limits: There are 2 course options, either 60 minutes or 75 minutes. Choose when entering.
Penalties: Finishing after your chosen race time limit incurs 1 penalty point for each 3 seconds you are late, equivalent to 20 points deducted per minute late.
Entry and dibber hire (£1.00) will be via SI Entries. (Link will be provided when entries open.)
Online entries will open approximately one month in advance of competition date.
[**Note: £40 charge if dibber is lost during hire period.]
Entries will close at midnight on the Monday before the event date. No EOD.
An individual entry can be amended to a Pair or Trio if you want to add a buddy to run with, but this must be done on-line in advance via SIEntries. We cannot make changes at the event.
Rules concerning junior entries:
Age 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult (as a pair or trio).
Age 16 & 17 may run as a pair, or be accompanied by an adult (as a pair or trio).
Age 18+ may run as an individual.
If the event needs to be cancelled the PFO Event Cancellation Policy will apply.
Taking dogs on urban courses is not recommended due to the traffic hazard.
The bar will open especially for us in the Cricket Club for post run drinks and socialising.
Toilets in the club, no muddy shoes please.
Covid restrictions no longer apply, but if you have any concerns please take your own measures to minimise contact.
Other safety procedures should be observed in Street-O events:
- Give way to members of the public and other competitors throughout your visit.
- There are numerous road crossings on the course, take care at all times.
- Run wide around corners.
- Wear hi-viz so that you can be seen.
- Move away from control sites as quickly as possible.
BOF event number 81285
Contacts / Officials
Series organiser: Kay Hawke PFO -
Planner: Andy Ellis PFO