(3/4) Orienteering for Beginners and Improvers.CANCELLED - Gawthorpe HallFri 08 May, 2020
Training level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Is a web browser app for sharing and comparing orienteering routes. You can draw your own route or upload a GPS track from your watch. It also allows you to watch an animated replay with a simulated mass start.
Pre Event Info
Beginners and improvers navigation coaching.
(3/4) Orienteering Introduction session. Learn and practice the basics of map reading and navigation. For absolute beginners to progressing intermediates. All ages.
Seasoned orienteers welcome too.
Near: Padiham Lat,Lng: 53.80131,-2.29797 OS Grid Ref: SD804339 Postcode: BB12 8UA
Directions / Parking
Meet at Gawthorpe Hall Cafe / Visitor Centre in the hall courtyard.
The car park is to the left of the long access driveway, just before reaching the hall. Parking is free.
Map / Terrain
Gawthorpe Hall woods and grounds have an extensive path network and features lakes, streams, quarry detail, ditch networks and more. Much of the area is very runnable.
Registration and Start times
Before 10:00AM first start, till 12:00 noon last finish.
Easy courses to start with. Instruction provided. Everyone welcome.
Tuition is free to all, but please make a contribution towards map provision.
Dogs may be exercised under control. Doggie etiquette please.
Cafe and toilets.
Be prepared with clothing appropriate for the day's weather.
Wheel chair and mobility scooter access is possible in areas near to the Hall. Elsewhere access is limited. Please check with organisers whether special arrangements and assistance can be given.
Contacts / Officials
Series coordinators: Judith Wood PFO and Andy Ellis PFO
For general information e-mail: