Autumn Series (2/4)Marsden ParkSat 02 October, 2021
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Pre Event Info
Snook-O event. One course for all, 45 minute score with snooker rules.
Important note: This is an AFTERNOON event with first starts at 13:00. The late start enables anyone who participates in other Saturday morning activities to engage in both.
Event 2 of 4 of our Autumn Series at Marsden Park, Nelson.
The area offers a maze of paths to challenge novice and progressing orienteers. For regulars the area is fast, more sprint than classic, with route choice and quick thinking required.
Near: Nelson Lat,Lng: 53.83945,-2.18561 OS Grid Ref: SD878381 Postcode: BB9 8BW
Directions / Parking
At Marsden Park, BB9 8BW.
There is a small car park within the park, which is reserved for parents with children. Adults should park outside the boundary on Walton Lane, which is wide and safe. You should be able to park within 200m of Registration.
Covid security is your personal responsibility.
Map / Terrain
Well managed and well featured park plus woodland, a deep ravine and numerous water features.
The map is 1:2500 drawn to the latest sprint orienteering standards, ISSprOM2019.
All the paths, bridges and steps within the park become extremely slippery after rain. Competitors should take care and consider walking where appropriate.
Registration and Start times
Starts: From 13:00 to 14:15
Courses Close: At 15:30
|Snook-O Score||45 minutes|
On-line only via SIEntries. Open from early September.
Entry fees: for both BOF members and non-BOF individuals.
Adult (M/W21+) £6.00,
Junior (M/W20-) and full time students £2.50.
Dibber hire £1, but £40 if lost.
If the event needs to be cancelled the PFO Event Cancellation Policy will apply.
Please do not take dogs on courses, but you may exercise them afterwards. Please keep your dog under close control and observe usual canine etiquette.
Toilets. Marsden Park Cafe serves refreshments, snacks and light meals.
For general enquiries -
BOF event code 79823
Please observe the BOF Participant Code of Conduct 2021 02 24
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Cath Wilson PFO