Mountain Bike OrienteeringRossendale Lee QuarriesSat 28 March, 2020
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Pre Event Info
BMBO event hosted by PFO.
Lee Quarry has been used for mountain biking events for many years. There is an extensive path network offering lots of route choice. Since there is little or light vegetation amongst the old quarry workings it is possible to ride 'off-piste' in many areas.
Challenging courses, requiring both riding and navigation skills are guaranteed.
Near: Bacup Lat,Lng: 53.69290,-2.20827 OS Grid Ref: SD863217 Postcode: OL13 0BB
Directions / Parking
Parking is at Futures Park, just off the A681 in Bacup.
Post event prize giving will be at Stubbylee Cafe in the adjacent park.
what3words reference for parking: battling.playback.desktops
what3words reference for the cafe: delved.album.shrub
Map / Terrain
Lee Quarry offers tricky navigation and route choices, with a fair bit of up and down! The map has been extended since the last BMBO event here.
Registration and Start times
Registration open at 9:30 till 11:00.
Starts from 10:00 till 11:30
Courses close at 13:30
Three courses- A (Long) (expected winning time 50 minutes), B (Medium) and C (Short).
There will be no riding on public roads in this event.
One word of warning: There are numerous high crags in the quarry. They are marked on the map with an additional purple highlight. Avoid!
You are strongly recommended to pre-enter via BMBO website
Day rider membership/insurance can be added at pre-entry.
EOD entry will be limited by map availability.
|Adult Day Rider (M/W21+)||Day||£11.00||£13.00|
|Adult BMBO Member (M/W21+)||Year||£10.00||£12.00|
|Youth Day Rider (M/W20-)||Day||£5.00||£7.00|
|Youth BMBO Member (M/W20-)||Year||£5.00||£7.00|
Youths 15 to 20 and adults can enter the course of their choice but younger riders may be restricted based on experience and competence. Youths up to age 14 must be shadowed and will be restricted to the C (Short) course.
|A (Long)||TBA||M19-M59 |
|For BMBO league points|
|B (Medium)||TBA||M15-M18, M60+ |
|For BMBO league points|
|C (Short)||TBA||M14-, W14- |
|M/W14- must be shadowed|
For Novices of all ages
No dogs on courses, of course!
Though dogs may be exercised responsibly at parking and prize giving.
Toilets at the cafe. 700m by bike (road) or 500m by foot (off road).
For general enquiries:
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Alan Hartley BMBO
Organiser: George Crawford-Smith PFO