Spring Series (4/4)Witton ParkSat 07 March, 2020
Regional level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Important note: This is an AFTERNOON event with first starts at 13:00. The late start enables anyone who participates in other Saturday morning sports to engage in both activities.
Event 4 of 4 of our Spring Intro Series is at Witton Park in Blackburn. This is a Regional ranking event.
The White, Yellow and Orange are introductory courses specifically aimed at novices and juniors. The Light Green, Green and Blue courses will provide more technical navigation and route choices.
Near: Blackburn Lat,Lng: 53.73531,-2.52188 OS Grid Ref: SD655266 Postcode: BB2 5JJ
Directions / Parking
Enter park via Tower Road, which is NOT the main entrance, but a side road about 400m SW of the main gate.
Map / Terrain
Witton is a well used park with a mix of classic parkland, playing fields, wild areas and woodland. There is an extensive path network.
Registration and Start times
Registration: From 12:30 to 13:30
Starts: From 13:00 to 14:00
Courses Close: At 4:00PM
||2.0 to 2.9k||TBA||TD2= Easy.|
|Orange||2.5 to 3.5k||TBA||TD3 = Moderate.|
|Light Green||3.0 to 4.0k||TBA||TD4= Hard.|
||3.5 to 5.0k||TBA||TD5 = Very hard|
|Blue||5.5 to 7.5k||TBA||TD5 = Very hard|
Both the Start and the Finish will be within 5 minutes walk of Registration.
Adults £7.00, Juniors £3.00
Dibber hire £1, but £40 if lost.
No dogs on courses.
Dogs may be exercised in the competition area after your run. Please observe canine etiquette.
Toilets. Cafe 700m from Registration in the park.
For general enquiries -
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Gillian Rowan-Wilde PFO
Controller: Steve Wilson SELOC