MapRun - a new version of the App is now available
MapRun6 has now been released and is available to download from the App Store or the Play Store.
- It is a separate App, so it can co-exist on your phone with MapRunF as users start to adopt it. Eventually MapRunF will be removed.
Key features and fixes in MapRun6 are:
- Enhanced responsiveness in getting an initial GPS fix and getting the best possible tracking throughout the run (uses multiple location feeds)
- Events can now used QR Codes for punching (mainly for permanent courses)
- “Show Me”: Events can be set that allow the runner to tap a “Show Me” button a set number of times to display their current location (great for beginners).
- More Scoring Schemes - This is achieved by “parameter-based” scoring (ScoreP), where the organiser can set 10 individual parameters to create their own custom scoring scheme (see http://maprunners.weebly.com/parameter-based-scoring---scorep.html and be sure to test your custom scheme using the test function in the Console.)
- Date Ranges for Events - Events can be set with dates ranges for: 1. to run in the event, 2. to see the results table and 3. to see runners tracks. (eg don’t show anyones tracks until the end of the allowed window of participation)
- Strava - The problems some users were having logging in to Strava have been resolved and you can now set whether your track is uploaded to Strava: Always, Prompt each time, or Never.
- See not only all results in the current event, but also all results in all Events
- Return to the last event folder visited (if you are often getting your events from the same folder)
- The punch sound on an iPhone is now the same whether the phone is awake or asleep
- Events can be sent to MapRunG without requiring the PIN (even if the event is locked with a PIN). This is to allow runners to get the event onto their watch before coming to the event.
- A button on the run screen recentres the map on the Start (useful it the map has been panned off the screen)
Map and Control Display
- Events can now be set where the map and course is not shown at all on the phone, or
- If shown, whether controls are visible: Always, Only after punching or Never
- These options are to support “Radio Direction Finder”-type events and novelty events where a clue sheet leads to the next control etc.
The full release notes are at: http://maprunners.weebly.com/releases.html
For discussion about MapRun6 please use the MapRun Forum topic on MapRun6 (http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/MapRun-v6-tp934.html). Here you will find:
Known issues – See: http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/MapRun-v6-tp934p935.html
- Any updates and what they address
- Where you can post about any new issues