(3/4) Midweek ScoreLee QuarryWed 20 June, 2018
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Routegadget available, please add your tracks. You’ll need to select the Score Course, then manually add your name and time before adding your gps track.Results
RouteGadget Well done! Everyone took controls in the right order this week .... well almost everyone!
League results available under Downloadable documents below. Best of 3 events in the series to count.
Week 2 scores at Wilson Field have been amended upwards for anyone who visited control 126, which was wrongly programmed and did not register a score.
Next week, Towneley Colliery. This is the FINALE. Best 3 of 4 scores to count for your series final tally.
Original event info below here:
Midweek SCORE Series. Event 3 of 4.
This is the third event in the June Wednesday evening series designed for competition, practice and training.
Simple format - See below for scoring rules:
- MAXI (21 controls) = hard score course
- MINI (14 controls) = medium score course
Open to all abilities - novice, junior and adult competitors.
Turn up and go.
Weeks: (3) Lee Quarry, (4) FINALE Towneley Colliery.
Start, Finish and all controls will use traditional dibbing, i.e. not contactless.
Is a web browser app for sharing and comparing orienteering routes. You can draw your own route or upload a GPS track from your watch. It also allows you to watch an animated replay with a simulated mass start.
Near: Bacup, Rossendale Lat,Lng: 53.69201,-2.20745 OS Grid Ref: SD862218 Postcode: OL13 0BB
Directions / Parking
Park at Futures Park, Bacup
Registration and Start times
Registration: 6:15 to 7:00PM
Starts: 6:30 to 7:15PM
Courses close at 8:00PM.
45 Minute Score series: Two courses:
MAXI Course: TD5/4 (21 controls). Maximum score - 315 points per event
Control numbers: 101 to 107 -10 points, 111 to 117 - 15 points, 121 to 127 - 20 points.
Small area rules: Visit 10s, before 15s, before 20s.
10 points penalty per minute late, or part thereof.
MINI Course: TD4/3 (14 controls). Maximum score - 175 points per event.
Control numbers: 101 to 107 -10 points, 111 to 117 - 15 points.
Small area rules: Visit 10s, before 15s.
5 points penalty per minute late, or part thereof.
Control descriptions on the map will be IOF symbols.
A league table will be published weekly. Best 3 to count to the final result.
Map updated 2017. Scale 1:5000.
Seniors (M/W21+) £5
Juniors M/W20-) £2
First time orienteers, Free.
Dibber hire will be £1 and £40 if lost! (Note: These are conventional dibbers and NOT SIAC)
Dogs not allowed to run on courses. However, they may be exercised after the event under strict control. Doggy etiquette must be observed.
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Andy Ellis PFO, Controller: N/A, Organiser: George Crawford-Smith PFO