Spring Series (2/4)AlkincoatsSat 08 February, 2020
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Important note: This is an AFTERNOON event with first starts at 13:00. The late start enables anyone who participates in other Saturday morning sports to engage in both activities.
Event 2 of 4 of our Spring Intro Series is in Alkincoats Park, Colne. White, Yellow and Orange are introductory courses specifically aimed at novices and juniors. A Light Green or Technical course will provide navigation and route choices for more experienced orienteers.
Near: Colne Lat,Lng: 53.86386,-2.18030 OS Grid Ref: SD882408 Postcode: BB8 9SF
Directions / Parking
From the west (M65/A6068) and from the east (A6068), turn north on to Harrison Drive at the traffic light controlled roundabout (with a building in the middle). Follow Harrison Drive uphill until it terminates at the rugby club car park.
Registration and parking here.
Map / Terrain
Alkincoats is a combination of classic parkland, sports pitches, wild areas and woodland.
Registration and Start times
Registration: From 12:30 to 13:30
Starts: From 13:00 to 14:00
Courses Close: At 3:30PM
|White||1.0 to 1.9k||TBA||TD1= Very easy.|
|Yellow||2.0 to 2.9k||TBA||TD2 = Easy.|
|Orange||2.5 to 3.5k||TBA||TD3= Moderate.|
|3.0 to 4.0k||TBA||TD4 = Hard|
Both the Start and the Finish will be less than 5 minutes walk from Registration.
Adults £5.00, Juniors £2.00
Dibber hire £1, but £40 if lost.
No dogs on courses.
Dogs may be exercised in the competition area after your run. Please observe canine etiquette.
Toilets at Registration. Pavilion Cafe, with a full and varied menu, is by the bowling green in the park.
For general enquiries -
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Danny Allen PFO
Organiser: George Crawford-Smith PFO