Street-O series (4/5)Briercliffe, BurnleyWed 10 November, 2021
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Pre Event Info
Street-O Score for everyone.
NOTE change of date: this event is now 10th November, moved from 3rd November, to avoid a clash with SROC's Street League.
NOTE change of parking location, moves to Briercliffe Social Club. See below.
This event is pre-entry only for Solo, Pairs or Trio teams. Entry is limited to 60 starts.
All participants must wear a hi-viz vest and should carry a torch.
Each single competitor or team will need a dibber (your own, or hired at £1 on entering), a watch, a pen/pencil/clipboard.
For age rules concerning junior participation, see 'Entry Details' below.
Covid security is the responsibility of the competitor, though we recommend that you continue to observe simple social distancing and other courtesies.
The latest British Orienteering Covid-19 guidance for participants and event organisers (dated 19/7/21) can be downloaded here. This advice may change before the date of the event.
Other safety procedures should be observed in Street-O events:
- Give way to members of the public and other competitors throughout your visit.
- There are numerous road crossings on the course, take care at all times.
- Run wide around corners.
- Wear hi-viz so that you can be seen.
- Move away from control sites as quickly as possible.
Near: Burnley Lat,Lng: 53.81275,-2.20604 OS Grid Ref: SD865351 Postcode: BB10 2HQ
Directions / Parking
Parking and Start/Finish location have changed. Free parking now at: Briercliffe Social Club, Holgate St, Briercliffe, Burnley BB10 2HQ
Map / Terrain
Street-O competition is on local streets, main roads, parks, ginnels, semi-rural areas and footpaths.
The competition map is 1:10000, in simplified format.
Cobbled alleys, stairways and paths, some steep, may be slippery after rain.
Wear suitable studded shoes.
Registration and Start times
Starts from 6:00PM to 7:00PM at minute intervals. You can choose your 15 minute start block when you enter the event.
Start point is near to parking.
Each individual or team will be issued with one Dibber (if hired), one clue/answer sheet (both issued pre-Start) and one course map (issued at the Start).
Example maps and clue sheets of previous events will be available to view.
Scoring: Controls are numbered 10 to 64. The first digit multiplied by 10 is the score value. Thus there are 10 x 10 points controls, 10 x 20, 10 x 30 .... and 5 x 60. The higher the score value, the greater the distance and difficulty.
Penalties: The time limit is 60 minutes. Thereafter, 1 penalty point will be deducted for each 3 seconds you are late, equivalent to 20 points deducted per minute late.
Entry and dibber hire (£1.00) will be via SI Entries. Entries will open on 1st October.
Entries close at midnight on the Monday before race day (i.e. Monday 8th November). No EOD.
An individual entry can be amended to a Pair or Trio if you want to add a buddy to run with, but this must be done on-line in advance via SIEntries. We cannot make changes at the event.
Rules concerning junior entries:
Age 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult (as a pair or trio).
Age 16 & 17 may run as a pair, or be accompanied by an adult (as a pair or trio).
Age 18+ may run as an individual.
If the event needs to be cancelled the PFO Event Cancellation Policy will apply.
Taking dogs on urban courses is not recommended due to the traffic hazard.
The Social Club will be open from around 6:00PM. Toilets will then be available and the bar will be open, providing a good opportunity to debrief after your run.
BOF event number 79836
Contacts / Officials
Series organiser, Kay Hawke PFO -
Planner: Dawn Figg PFO