CANCELLEDMarsden Park Micr-OSat 22 September, 2018
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
EVENT CANCELLED - due to non-availability of our registration point and absence of key officials. Our apologies.
Autumn Series Micr-O event 1 of 3.
Marsden Park has a lot of orienteering features in a small area. The area comprises fast open running, but contrasted with contoured woodland. Courses from White to Green, with longer courses being run as a 3-leg one-person relay. The map is draw to ISSOM (Sprint) format and the courses have fast route choice decisions. See course table for permitted leg combinations.
Courses are run within the park boundary and are suitable for all abilities from beginner through to expert.
Is a web browser app for sharing and comparing orienteering routes. You can draw your own route or upload a GPS track from your watch. It also allows you to watch an animated replay with a simulated mass start.
Pre Event Info
CANCELLED: (1/3) Marsden Park, Nelson - Autumn Series
Near: Nelson, Lancs Lat,Lng: 53.83946,-2.18564 OS Grid Ref: SD878381 Postcode: BB9 8BW
Directions / Parking
Roadside parking in Walton Lane within 150m of Marsden Hall. Walton Lane is quiet and wide, but take care with small children.
Please do not use the public car park within the park as there is only room for about 10 cars, which are reserved for the general public.
Registration close to parking at Marsden Hall.
Registration and Start times
Registration from 10:00 to 11:30.
Starts from 10:30 to 12:00
Courses close 13:30
|A||Very Easy White||< 1.0 km||TBA|
|B||Easy Yellow||c. 1.0 km||TBA|
|C||Moderate Orange||> 1.0 km||TBA|
|D||Hard Light Green||c. 1.5 km||TBA|
|E||Very Hard Green||> 2.0 km||TBA|
No loose control descriptions. They are on the maps.
Competitors may run three legs in combination as follows:
Map exchange at the Finish location.
Only punch the FINISH at the end of your final leg.
|W-Y-O = A+B+C||Up to Orange||c. 3.0 km||TBA|
|Y-O-LG = B+C+D||Up to Light Green||c. 3.5 km||TBA|
|Gr-LG-O = C+D+E||Up to Green||c. 4.5 km||TBA|
EOD only at Marsden Hall.
Adults (M/W21+) £5.00, Juniors (M/W20-) £2.00. First time orienteers FOC.
Dibber hire £1.00 but £40 if lost.
No dogs on courses. Dogs may be exercised under control after your run.
Toilets on site.
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Gillian Rowan-Wilde PFO, Controller: N/A, Organiser: George Crawford-Smith PFO