PFO Club ChampsHardcastle CragsSat 22 January, 2022
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Well done to everyone that attended our Club Championships at Hardcastle Crags today.
Also, thanks to EPOC for allowing us to use this area which hasn't been used for orienteering for a number of years.
It was nice to welcome a handful of EPOC members along as well, hopefully they enjoyed it !
Is a web browser app for sharing and comparing orienteering routes. You can draw your own route or upload a GPS track from your watch. It also allows you to watch an animated replay with a simulated mass start.
Pre Event Info
Club Championships (Closed event)
PFO Club Championships.
Near: Hebden Bridge Lat,Lng: 53.76448,-2.04861 OS Grid Ref: SD993280 Postcode: HX7 7AZ
Directions / Parking
Cloughhole Car Park, Widdop Road, HX7 7AZ. what3words /// wing.ogre.trumped
£5 Pay-and-Display, CASH ONLY.
This is the upper car park, off the road between Hebden Bridge and Widdop Reservoir, not the Midgehole car park that fills up very quickly on a busy day.
From here it is a 10 to 15 minute walk (route will be taped) down to the Start at Gibson Mill. Allow plenty of time. (Facilities here, see below.)
There is a height barrier of 2m at Cloughhole. If you are travelling in a vehicle which is higher, please use the Midgehole Car Park - HX7 7AA, and walk along the main track to Gibson Mill.
Map / Terrain
Our thanks to EPOC for the loan of the area/map for the PFO Champs 2022, last run in 2019!
The map of Hardcastle Crags and woodland has not been updated recently. Be aware that there are some new paths, tracks and other features that are not on the map! Take care!
Registration and Start times
Mass start 11:00AM. Clear and check will be near to the Start. Competitors will line up to punch the start box in quick succession. Keep 2m apart.
Anyone could win!
Results and Championship presentations will be at Sykeside Country House Hotel later in
the day. See other communications for details.
Controls all with a value of 15 points. Visit as many as possible in 45 minutes, then deduct penalty points for late return at 10 points per minute (1pt/6 secs), then add Bonus points.
Highest net score will be the 2022 PFO Club Champion. Trophies will be presented to both 1st Male and 1st Female club members. Spot prizes, for who knows what, may also be won by worthy contenders.
Bonus points by gender and age class:
Novice bonus: +25. Any one who has orienteered for less than 3 full years i.e. started orienteering during or after 2019.
Social and Prizes after the event at Sykeside Country House Hotel the same evening.
FOC to PFO club members. For EPOC members, guests and friends the entry fee is £2 to cover the BOF levy and map printing.
To enter, email Judith Wood () with your name and dibber number.
No dogs please.
At Gibson Mill there will be :
- a competitors' room available for clothing and equipment to be left during your run
- The Weaving Shed Cafe for drinks and light refreshments before or after your run (Open 10:00 till 15:00.)
At the event observe Covid/Omicron distancing rules.
BOF event number: 80491
Contacts / Officials
Planner/Organiser - Judith Wood: