BMBO event seriesLee Quarry MTBOSat 05 March, 2022
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Lee Quarry offers an exceptional variety of challenging riding and tough navigation.
Near: Bacup Lat,Lng: 53.69308,-2.20834 OS Grid Ref: SD863218 Postcode: OL13 0BB
Directions / Parking
Park at Futures Park. Bacup, OL13 0BB.
More details later as part of the parking area is under construction.
Map / Terrain
Many rideable tracks and areas. Route choices abound. 90% of the area is quarry left-overs with landscaping by MTB enthusiasts.
DANGER: Beware of high crags, some in excess of 10m, which are marked on the map with a heavy purple line along the top edge.
Registration and Start times
Course A - long
Course B - medium
Course C - short
Via BMBO event website.
Entry fees: Adult = M/W21+, Junior = M/W20-
BMBO members Adult £10.00, Junior £4.00
Non-members Adult £11.00, Junior £5.00
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Alan Hartley BMBO
Organiser: George Crawford-Smith PFO -