Autumn Intro Series (2/4)Marsden Park, NelsonSat 21 September, 2019
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Pre Event Info
IMPORTANT: This is an AFTERNOON event with first starts at 13:00. The late start enables anyone who participates in other Saturday morning sports to engage in both activities.
Event 2 of 4 of our Autumn Intro Series at Marsden Park, Nelson.
The area offers a maze of paths to challenge novice and progressing orienteers. For regulars the area is fast, more sprint than classic, with route choice and quick thinking required.
Near: Nelson Lat,Lng: 53.83946,-2.18572 OS Grid Ref: SD878381 Postcode: BB9 8BW
Directions / Parking
At Marsden Park, BB9 8BW.
There is a small car park within the park, which is reserved for parents with children. Adults should park outside the boundary on Walton Lane, which is wide and safe. You should be able to park within 200m of Registration.
Map / Terrain
Well managed parkland plus woodland, a deep ravine and numerous water features.
Registration and Start times
Registration: at Marsden Park Hall by the small car park, 12:30 to 13:30
Starts: From 13:00 to 14:00
Courses Close: At 15:30
Please always give way to other park users.
EOD only at Marsden Hall.
Adults (M/W21+) £5.00,
Juniors (M/W20-) £2.00.
First time orienteers FOC.
Dibber hire £1.00 but £40 if lost!
Dogs are not allowed on courses or in the park.
Toilets. We are hoping that the cafe will also be open - tea/coffee, cakes and more.
BOF event number: 76112
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Helen Ellis PFO
For general enquiries, contact: