Street-O series (5/5)PadihamWed 08 December, 2021
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Pre Event Info
Street-O Score for everyone.
NOTE change of date: this event is now 8th December, moved from 1st December, to avoid a clash with SROC's Street League.
This event is pre-entry only for Solo, Pairs or Trio teams. Entry is limited to 60 starts.
All participants must wear a hi-viz vest and must carry a torch and/or head-torch.
Each single competitor or team will need a dibber (your own, or hired at £1 on entering), a watch, a pen/pencil/clipboard.
For age rules concerning junior participation, see 'Entry Details' below.
Covid security is the responsibility of the competitor, though we recommend that you continue to observe simple social distancing and other courtesies.
The latest British Orienteering Covid-19 guidance for participants and event organisers (dated 19/7/21) can be downloaded here. This advice may change before the date of the event.
Other safety procedures should be observed in Street-O events:
- Give way to members of the public and other competitors throughout your visit.
- There are numerous road crossings on the course, take care at all times.
- Run wide around corners.
- Wear hi-viz so that you can be seen.
- Move away from control sites as quickly as possible.
Near: Padiham Lat,Lng: 53.79982,-2.31196 OS Grid Ref: SD795337 Postcode: BB12 8BS
Directions / Parking
Map / Terrain
Street-O competition is on local streets, main roads, parks, ginnels, semi-rural areas and footpaths.
The competition map is 1:10000, in simplified format.
Cobbled alleys, stairways and paths, some steep, may be slippery after rain.
Wear suitable studded shoes.
Registration and Start times
Starts from 6:00PM to 7:00PM at minute intervals. You can choose your 15 minute start block when you enter the event.
Start point: TBA
Each individual or team will be issued with one Dibber (if hired), one clue/answer sheet (both issued pre-Start) and one course map (issued at the Start).
Example maps and clue sheets of previous events will be available to view.
Scoring: Controls are numbered 10 to 64. The first digit multiplied by 10 is the score value. Thus there are 10 x 10 points controls, 10 x 20, 10 x 30 .... and 5 x 60. The higher the score value, the greater the distance and difficulty.
Penalties: The time limit is 60 minutes. Thereafter, 1 penalty point will be deducted for each 3 seconds you are late, equivalent to 20 points deducted per minute late.
Entry and dibber hire (£1.00) will be via SI Entries. Entries will open on 1st November.
Entries close at midnight on Monday 6th December. No EOD.
An individual entry can be amended to a Pair or Trio if you want to add a buddy to run with, but this must be done on-line in advance via SIEntries. We cannot make changes at the event.
Rules concerning junior entries:
Age 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult (as a pair or trio).
Age 16 & 17 may run as a pair, or be accompanied by an adult (as a pair or trio).
Age 18+ may run as an individual.
If the event needs to be cancelled the PFO Event Cancellation Policy will apply.
Taking dogs on urban courses is not recommended due to the traffic hazard.
We will try to have the Start & Finish near to a hostelry. Watch this space for details.
Toilets TBA, but there is a Tesco Superstore near the centre of Padiham, BB12 8DQ.
BOF event number 80128
Contacts / Officials
Series organiser, Kay Hawke PFO -
Planner: George Crawford-Smith PFO