Lancashire HotPot ClassicPendle HillSat 11 September, 2021
Regional level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Pre Event Info
Classic long distance.
Open fell orienteering.
Near: Burnley, Barley Lat,Lng: 53.85854,-2.27021 OS Grid Ref: SE823402 Postcode: BB12 9JX
Directions / Parking
Kerbside parking on The Avenue, Barley Road and Barley New Road (this is all one road running east from Barley village). What3Words coordinate: ///buying.montage.wrist
Map / Terrain
Updated map. Some parts not previously used for orienteering.
Pendle Hill is rough open moorland with lots of intricate contour and drainage detail. A mix of peat in the upper reaches, rough grassland at mid height and more vegetation in the lower reaches.
Registration and Start times
First starts 10:30.
HotPot COURSE OFFER: You may enter any course but for head-to-head competition by age class we have suggested courses by M/W age categories.
|Black||10.0k to 14.0k||TBA||M21|
|Brown||8.5k to 12.0k||TBA||M18 M20 M35 |
M40 M45 M50
|Blue||5.5k to 7.5k||TBA||M16 M55 M60 |
|Short Blue||4.5k to 6.5k||TBA||M65 |
W18 W20 W45 W50
|Green||3.5k to 5.0k||TBA||M70|
W16 W55 W60
|Short Green||3.0k to 4.0k||TBA||M75+|
|Light Green||3.0k to 4.0k||TBA||M14 W14|
|Orange||2.5k to 3.5k||TBA||M12 W12|
|Yellow||2.0k to 2.9k||TBA||M10 W10|
Area not suitable for White.
Safety: The event area is exposed with little shelter available. Waterproof, hooded jackets must be carried, unless specifically relaxed by the Controller.
Pre-entry only via SIEntries. Opening July.
Adult BOF £10.00, non-BOF £12.00
Junior (M/W20- and full time students) £4.00, non-BOF £4.00.
Dibber hire £1.00.
No dogs on courses. This is sheep country.
Toilets and cafe near parking. Pub, tea rooms and restaurant in Barley village.
General enquiries -
BOF event code: 76980
Contacts / Officials
Planner Max Cole PFO