Spring Series (1/4)Staghills WoodsSat 01 February, 2020
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Important note: This is an AFTERNOON event with first starts at 13:00. The late start enables anyone who participates in other Saturday morning sports to engage in both activities.
Event 1 of 4 of our Spring Intro Series is at Staghills Woods, in Rossendale. White, Yellow and Orange are introductory courses specifically aimed at novices and juniors. A Technical course will provide navigation and route choices for more experienced orienteers.
Near: Rawtenstall Lat,Lng: 53.69603,-2.25669 OS Grid Ref: SD830221 Postcode: BB4 7UA
Directions / Parking
From Staghills Road/Church Lane in Newchurch turn into Dark Lane (signed here) and follow it to St Nicholas Primary School.
Registration and parking in the school grounds. Overflow parking will be on local streets. Marshals will direct you.
Map / Terrain
Staghills, plus Tricketts to the east and Lee Bank to the NW, form a continuous wooded slope rising from the River Irwell. There is an extensive path network.
Registration and Start times
Registration: From 12:30 to 13:30
Starts: From 13:00 to 14:00
Courses Close: At 3:30PM
|White||1.0 to 1.9k||TBA||TD1= Very easy.|
|Yellow||2.0 to 2.9k||TBA||TD2 = Easy.|
|Orange||2.5 to 3.5k||TBA||TD3= Moderate.|
Light Green or Technical
||3.0 to 4.0k||TBA||TD4 = Hard|
Both the Start and the Finish will be less than 5 minutes walk from Registration.
Adults £5.00, Juniors £2.00
Dibber hire £1, but £40 if lost.
No dogs on courses or in the school grounds.
Dogs may be exercised in the competition area after your run.
Toilets at Registration.
For general enquiries -
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Hamish Willis PFO