Spring series (2/4)Thompson ParkSat 05 February, 2022
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Following British Orienteering advice concerning Covid/Omicron restrictions, this event is pre-entry and pre-pay only. See entry details below.
Other social distancing rules will apply:
- There will be NO Registration and NO entry on the day.
- There will be no loose control descriptions. They will be on the map as usual.
- A facemask is recommended in social situations
- Give way to members of the public and other competitors throughout your visit.
- Move away from controls after punching.
- After Finishing, go directly to download. If there is a queue, keep 2m apart.
Near: Burnley Lat,Lng: 53.79756,-2.23194 OS Grid Ref: SD804230 Postcode: BB10 3EF
Directions / Parking
Nearest postcode is BB10 3EF. Parking and dibber collection will be in the car park off Queen Victoria Road about 200m NE of the Premier Inn entrance. (What3Words coordinate ///either.rope.vouch)
Overflow parking is available in marked bays on the park side of Queens Park Road, approximately 200 to 300m from the main parking area. (What3Words coordinate ///bump.dirt.lazy)
Map / Terrain
The competition area is based around Thompson Park, incorporating adjacent parks and wooded areas.
Be aware that there is an underpass beneath the Leeds & Liverpool canal which divides the competition area.
Registration and Start times
Registration: ALL entries must be made through SI-Entries.
For pairs entries (or small groups), it is only necessary to register one name, pay for one entry and hire one dibber.
Dibber hire: If you do not possess a dibber (SI-card) you must book and pay £1 when entering on-line.
Your hired dibber will be sanitised then placed in a sealed bag, for you to pick up at the download tent.
Starts: 13:00 to 14:00. (Start times will be extended if demand exceeds available slots.)
When entering, choose a 15 minute start block window from the drop-down menu. On the day, arrive at the Start during your window. Starts will be allocated by the Start marshal at one minute intervals.
Courses close: 15:30.
TD = Technical difficulty
|Green / Technical:||4.7k|
There are timed out road crossings.
The Start is less than 200m from parking. The Finish is 600m from parking.
There is NO entry on the day. Entries close at midnight on Wednesday 2nd February via SIEntries.
Entry fees: Adult (M/W21+) £6.00
Junior £2.50 (M/W20-)
Dibber hire £1.00
No dogs on courses. Local by-laws prohibit dogs in Thompson Park.
BOF event: 80498
Contacts / Officials
Planners: Emma Taylor PF0 and Kay Hawke PFO
Organiser: George Crawford-Smith -