PFO Club ChampionshipsTowneley ParkSun 22 September, 2019
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Is a web browser app for sharing and comparing orienteering routes. You can draw your own route or upload a GPS track from your watch. It also allows you to watch an animated replay with a simulated mass start.
Pre Event Info
This is a closed event for club members.
HOWEVER, all-comers, guests and friends are welcome to participate.
The PFO Club Champs is planned by the 2018 Club Champion, William Ellis. It is a 1 hour, mass start, score event for all ages. In addition to the points gained by running the course, bonus scores are added on the basis of age and gender. See table below.
Anyone can win!
The event will be followed by the prize-giving and social get-together at the Old Stables Cafe.
Near: Burnley Lat,Lng: 53.77809,-2.21761 OS Grid Ref: SD857313 Postcode: BB11 3ER
Directions / Parking
Enter Towneley Park via the main gate off Todmorden Road. (Set your Satnav to BB11 3ER for the park entrance.) Proceed along the park road and then after 1km bear left at the road fork. Follow the road around to the main Riverside car park.
Fee £1.50 all day (8AM til 10PM) in the meter.
Registration will be in the car park.
Map / Terrain
Typical parkland but with lots of woodland and dark corners!
Registration and Start times
Registration open from 10:15 to 10:45.
Walk to the Start as a group at 10:55.
Mass Start at 11:00.
20 controls all with a value of 10 points. Visit as many as possible in 60 minutes, then deduct penalty points at 5 points per minute (1pt/12secs), then add Bonus points.
Highest net score will be the 2019 PFO Club Champion. Trophies will be presented to both 1st Male and 1st Female club members. Spot prizes, for who knows what, may also be won by worthy contenders.
Bonus points by gender and age class:
Novice bonus: +25. Any one who has orienteered for less than 2 full years i.e. started after 22/09/2017.
Social and Prizes after the event.
After run food available in the Old Stable Cafe, menu options will be posted here in the next few days.
PFO members FOC.
All-comers, guests and friends: Adults £5, Juniors £2.
Dibber hire £1.00, £40 if lost!
Ideally dogs should not accompany you around the course. However, they may be exercised under control after your run. Usual doggy etiquette applies. Dog rangers on duty!
Toilets & cafes.
BOF Event Number: 76708
Contacts / Officials
Planner: William Ellis PFO
Organiser: George Crawford-Smith