Spring Series (3/4)Towneley ParkSat 29 February, 2020
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Important note: This is an AFTERNOON event with first starts at 13:00. The late start enables anyone who participates in other Saturday morning sports to engage in both activities.
Event 3 of 4 of our Spring Intro Series is at Alkincoats Park in Colne. The White, Yellow and Orange courses are introductory courses specifically aimed at novices and juniors. The Light Green course and Green (or Technical) course will provide more technical navigation and route choices.
Near: Burnley Lat,Lng: 53.77825,-2.21732 OS Grid Ref: SD857314 Postcode: BB11 3ER
Directions / Parking
From Todmorden Road in Burnley enter Towneley park by the main gate. After 1km take the left fork and follow this to the Riverside car park. £1.50 in the meter for all day parking.
Map / Terrain
Towneley is a well used park with a mix of classic parkland, playing fields, wild areas and woodland. There is an extensive path network.
Registration and Start times
Registration: From 12:30 to 13:30
Starts: From 13:00 to 14:00
Courses Close: At 3:30PM
|White||1.0 to 1.9k||TBA||TD1= Very easy.|
|Yellow||2.0 to 2.9k||TBA||TD2 = Easy.|
|Orange||2.5 to 3.5k||TBA||TD3= Moderate.|
||3.0 to 4.0k||TBA||TD4 = Hard|
|Green||3.5 to 5.0k||TBA||TD5 = Very hard|
Both the Start and the Finish will be within 5 minutes of Registration.
Adults £6.00, Juniors £2.00
Dibber hire £1, but £40 if lost.
No dogs on courses.
Dogs may be exercised in the competition area after your run. You must observe canine etiquette as Dog Patrols are on duty in the park.
Toilets and Rotunda Cafe at Registration.
For general enquiries -
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Andy Ellis PFO