Spring series (4/4)Towneley ParkSat 19 March, 2022
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Following British Orienteering advice concerning Covid/Omicron restrictions, this event is pre-entry and pre-pay only. See entry details below.
Other social distancing rules will apply:
- There will be NO Registration and NO entry on the day.
- Give way to members of the public and other competitors throughout your visit.
- You must proceed directly from Parking to the Start to arrive in time for your given start time.
- Move away from controls after punching.
- After Finishing, go directly to download. If there is a queue, keep 2m apart.
- Return to Parking and depart as soon as practicable.
Near: Burnley Lat,Lng: 53.77804,-2.21726 OS Grid Ref: SD857313 Postcode: BB11 3ER
Directions / Parking
Riverside Car Park, nearest postcode BB11 3ER . (This the near the park entrance gate - follow the park road, take the left fork, then two bends, then the car park entrance is on your right). What3Words ///paying.souk.zone Park all day for £1.50, cash in the machine.
Map / Terrain
The competition area comprises classic open park land with a lot of rough open and woodland.
Registration and Start times
Registration: ALL entries must be made through SI-Entries.
For pairs entries (or small groups), it is only necessary to register one name, pay for one entry and hire one dibber.
Dibber hire: If you do not possess a dibber (SI-card) you must book and pay £1 when entering on-line.
Your hired dibber will be sanitised then placed in a sealed bag, for you to pick up at the download tent.
Starts: 13:00 to 14:00. (Start times will be extended if demand exceeds available slots.)
When entering, choose a 15 minute start block window from the drop-down menu. On the day, arrive at the Start during your window. Starts will be allocated by the Start marshal at one minute intervals.
Courses close: 15:30.
TD = Technical difficulty
|Yellow||2.0 to 2.9k||TBA||TD2|
|Orange||2.5k to 3.5k||TBA||TD3|
|Light Green||3.0 to 4.0k||TBA||TD4|
|Technical/Green||3.5 to 5.0k||TBA||TD5|
There will be NO entries on the day. Pre-enter by 16th March at SIEntries.
Entry fees: Adult (M/W21+) £6.00
Junior £2.50 (M/W20-)
Dibber hire £1.00
No dogs on courses. Dogs may be exercised in the competition area after your run.
Toilets and cafe at the car park.
BOF event: 80878
Contacts / Officials