Autumn Intro Series (1/4)Whitaker Park, RawtenstallSat 14 September, 2019
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Is a web browser app for sharing and comparing orienteering routes. You can draw your own route or upload a GPS track from your watch. It also allows you to watch an animated replay with a simulated mass start.
Pre Event Info
IMPORTANT: This is an AFTERNOON event with first starts at 13:00. The late start enables anyone who participates in Saturday morning sports to engage in both activities.
Event 1 of 4 of our Autumn Intro Series at Whitker Park, Rawtenstall.
The area offers orienteering from very easy White standard to moderately difficult Orange standard. There will be a Technical course utilising the park and adjacent quiet streets.
Near: Rawtenstall Lat,Lng: 53.70356,-2.29925 OS Grid Ref: SD804226 Postcode: BB4 8RR
Directions / Parking
At The Hill Ski Slope car park off Haslingden Old Road, BB4 8RR.
Map / Terrain
Sloping parkland with an extensive path network and some surrounding woodland. The Technical course visits adjacent quiet streets.
Registration and Start times
Registration: in the Ski Slope car park from 12:30 to 13:30
Starts: From 13:00 to 14:00
Courses Close: At 15:30
|White:||1.0k||40m||TD1 = Very easy|
|Yellow:||1.9k||65m||TD2 = Easy|
|Technical:||4.0k||125m||TD3/4 = Moderate/Difficult|
Double sided map
Please always give way to other users in the area.
Whitaker Park has access roads and parking within its boundary. Slow moving traffic may be encountered. Take care.
There is no Orange course as it would require street crossings, which are not permitted for M/W16 and under. Young competitors may enter the Technical course provided they are shadowed by a parent or guardian. No major roads are crossed on the Technical course.
EOD only, at the ski slope car park.
Adults (M/W21+) £5.00,
Juniors (M/W20-) £2.00.
First time orienteers FOC.
Dibber hire £1.00 but £40 if lost!
Dogs should not be taken around courses, but may be exercised responsibly after your run.
Toilets. Cafe/bar in the park for after your run.
BOF event number: 76111
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Lee Gosling PFO
Controller: Judith Wood PFO
Organiser: George Crawford-Smith PFO
For general enquiries, contact: