Autumn Intro Series (1/4)Whitaker Park, RawtenstallSat 14 September, 2019
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Pre Event Info
IMPORTANT: This is an AFTERNOON event with first starts at 13:00. The late start enables anyone who participates in other Saturday morning sports to engage in both activities.
Event 1 of 4 of our Autumn Intro Series at Whitaker Park, Rawtenstall.
The area offers White and Yellow standard introductory courses within the park boundary.
The Orange course will include quiet streets beyond the park boundary.
A Technical course, for more experienced orienteers, may be available.
Near: Rawtenstall Lat,Lng: 53.70336,-2.29910 OS Grid Ref: SD803230 Postcode: BB4 8RR
Directions / Parking
At Rossendale Ski Slope, BB4 8RR.
This is a busy time of year for the ski slope so please park sensibly. Overflow car parking in the park opposite. Marshalled road crossing.
Map / Terrain
Parkland and some minor streets on longer courses.
Registration and Start times
Registration: at the ski slope from 12:30 to 13:30
Starts: From 13:00 to 14:00
Courses Close: At 15:30
|White:||1.0k to 1.9k||TBA||TD1 = Very Easy|
|Yellow:||2.0k to 2.9k||TBA||TD2 = Easy|
|Orange:||2.5k to 3.5k||TBA||TD3 = Moderate|
Please always give way to other park users.
EOD only, at Rossendale Ski Slope.
Adults (M/W21+) £5.00,
Juniors (M/W20-) £2.00.
First time orienteers FOC.
Dibber hire £1.00 but £40 if lost!
Dogs are not allowed on courses or in the park.
Toilets and cafe.
BOF event number: 76111
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Lee Gosling PFO
For general enquiries, contact: