Autumn Series, event (2/4)Wilson Field, Clayton-le-MoorsWed 12 October, 2022
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Our Wilson Fields event will be a departure from our usual daytime format. This is Dusk-O!
Practice your night orienteering skills as the light fades! Local sunset is 6:20PM, so by the time your run ends it will be dark!
Bring suitable lighting and backup lighting.
Near: Clayton-le-Moors Lat,Lng: 53.78269,-2.38048 OS Grid Ref: SD750318 Postcode: BB5 5SF
Directions / Parking
At Wilson Fields pavilion, BB5 5SD.
There is a large car park at the pavilion. No charge.
Map / Terrain
The area is a sports field and athletics track surrounded by a large area of woodland from mature beech to younger plantation. Most of the area is runnable.
The area offers orienteering from easy to difficult standard.
Registration and Start times
Starts: From 18:30 to 19:15
Courses Close: At 20:30
One Snook-O course for all. One hour time limit. Choose your own control sequence within the rules.
Pre-entry on SIEntries only. Direct link to SIEntries will be advised when entries open about 6 weeks in advance.
Entry fees: Adults (M/W21+) £6.00, Juniors (M/W20-) £2.50,
Dibber hire £1.00, but £40.00 if lost! Collect your hired dibber from Download.
Dogs may be exercised responsibly after your run.
Toilets. Subject to confirmation.
For general enquiries, contact:
BOF event number: 81289
Contacts / Officials