Autumn Intro Series (3/4)Wilson Field, Clayton-le-MoorsSat 28 September, 2019
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Pre Event Info
IMPORTANT: This is an AFTERNOON event with first starts at 13:00. The late start enables anyone who participates in Saturday morning sports to engage in both activities.
Event 3 of 4 of our Autumn Intro Series at Wilson Fields sports ground, Clayton-le-Moors, near Accrington.
The area offers orienteering from easy Yellow to difficult Green standard. There will be introductory courses and more technically difficult courses for seasoned orienteers.
Near: Clayton-le-Moors Lat,Lng: 53.78265,-2.38045 OS Grid Ref: SD750318 Postcode: BB5 5SD
Directions / Parking
At Wilson Fields pavilion, BB5 5SD.
There is a large car park at the pavilion. No charge.
Map / Terrain
A large area of runnable woodland with adjacent playing fields.
Registration and Start times
Registration: at the pavilion from 12:30 to 13:30
Starts: From 13:00 to 14:00
Courses Close: At 15:30
|Yellow:||2.3k||30m||15 controls, TD2 = Easy|
|Orange:||2.6k||30m||17c, TD3 = Moderate|
|Light Green:||3.0k||40m||19c, TD4 = Difficult|
Double sided map
|Green:||4.8k||45m||26c, TD5 = Very difficult|
Double sided map.
Please always give way to other users of the area. Avoid running on pitches when there is a game in progress.
EOD only, at the pavilion.
Adults (M/W21+) £5.00,
Juniors (M/W20-) £2.00.
First time orienteers FOC.
Dibber hire £1.00 but £40 if lost!
Dogs should not be taken around courses, but may be exercised responsibly after your run.
BOF event number: 76113
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Mary Barton-Marshall PFO
Controller: Jim Mitchell PFO
Organiser: George Crawford-Smith PFO
For general enquiries, contact: