Autumn Series (4/4)Witton ParkSat 23 October, 2021
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Pre Event Info
Classic long distance courses.
Witton Park is very large. The O-map only just fits on A4 at a scale of 1:10000!
Near: Blackburn Lat,Lng: 53.73528,-2.52266 OS Grid Ref: SD655267 Postcode: BB2 5LE
Directions / Parking
Witton Country Park, Tower Road entrance. BB2 5LE. (What3Words: ///embellish.expired.general ) Enter the park, then after about 100m, take the first turn on your right to a car park. No charges. (Do not go into the main entrance unless you want to pay for parking!)
Map / Terrain
Map scale 1:10000. A4.
Witton Park is surrounded by a lot of woodland, some of it steep. The woodland is mature with a good path network, ample contour detail and water features. Longer courses will visit Billinge Hill which includes both open and woodland terrain with numerous mineral extraction features.
Registration and Start times
Starts: From 13:00 to 14:15
Courses Close: At 15:30
(TD = Technical Difficulty)
Start and Finish are within 200m of the car park.
Benches and some minor/occasional paths are not shown on the map. All courses cross the park access road at least once. Take care as it is occasionally busy.
Blue, Short Blue & Green courses only: MTB downhill tracks on Billinge Hill, are mapped as a continuous purple line and are out of bounds, except to cross them at right angles with extreme care. Do not run either up them or down them.
On-line only via SIEntries. Open 18th October.
Entry fees: for both BOF members and non-BOF individuals.
Adult (M/W21+) £6.00,
Junior (M/W20-) and full time students £2.50.
Dibber hire £1, but £40 if lost. (Collect
If the event needs to be cancelled the PFO Event Cancellation Policy will apply.
No dogs on courses. However, you may exercise your dogs at parking or after the event. Usual doggy etiquette, please.
Public toilets and park cafe (serving refreshments, ice cream, meals, etc) are a level 700m walk from parking.
There are nearer toilets (400m) at Pleasington Pavilion, but they can only be accessed if there are official games in progress.
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Mary Barton-Marshall PFO
Controller: Jim Mitchell PFO
Organiser: George Crawford-Smith