June Midweek Score Series(2/4) Midweek Score, GawthorpeWed 12 June, 2019
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Results now available. League table shows any adjustments to scores where controls have not been taken in order.
Another good turnout this week despite the less than perfect weather. Danny's courses were well received.
On the MAXI course no one managed to scoop all 21 controls in the time, but on the MIDI course Katy Thompson visited all controls but was then late back by 1 second, missing out on a perfect score by 1 point. Well done.
Next week is Alkincoats Park and Woods, just 6 miles further east on the M65. See you there.
Is a web browser app for sharing and comparing orienteering routes. You can draw your own route or upload a GPS track from your watch. It also allows you to watch an animated replay with a simulated mass start.
Midweek SCORE Series. Event 2 of 4.
This is the second event in the June Wednesday evening series designed for competition, practice and training.
(Next: 19th June Alkincoats Park, Colne, 26th FINALE Tockholes Woods (changed venue).)
Simple format - See below for scoring rules:
- MAXI (21 controls) = hard score course
- MIDI (14 controls) = medium score course
Open to all abilities - novice, junior and adult competitors.
Turn up and go.
Near: Padiham, Burnley Lat,Lng: 53.80124,-2.29810 OS Grid Ref: SD806340 Postcode: BB12 8UA
Directions / Parking
Use the public car park, first left off the entrance driveway. Registration here.
Map / Terrain
Gawthorpe Hall grounds are mostly wooded with open parkland areas around the house. The MAXI course will include some controls beyond the hall grounds.
Registration and Start times
Registration: 6:15 to 7:00PM
Starts: 6:30 to 7:15PM
Courses close at 8:00PM.
45 Minute Score series: Two courses:
MAXI Course: TD5/4 (21 controls). Maximum score - 315 points.
Control numbers: 101 to 107 -10 points, 111 to 117 - 15 points, 121 to 127 - 20 points.
Small area rules: Visit 10s, before 15s, before 20s.
10 points penalty per minute late, or part thereof.
MIDI Course: TD4/3 (14 controls). Maximum score - 175 points.
Control numbers: 101 to 107 -10 points, 111 to 117 - 15 points.
Small area rules: Visit 10s, before 15s.
5 points penalty per minute late, or part thereof.
Control descriptions on the map will be IOF symbols.
A league table will be published weekly. Best 3 to count to the final result.
Seniors (M/W21+) £5
Juniors M/W20-) £2
First time orienteers, Free.
Dibber hire will be £1 and £40 if lost!
No dogs on courses please. They may be exercised in the grounds after the event.
Contacts / Officials
Planner - Danny Allen PFO
For general enquiries -