June Midweek Score Series(4/4) Midweek Score, TockholesWed 26 June, 2019
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
CHANGE OF VENUE to TOCKHOLES WOODS.
Midweek SCORE Series. Event 4 of 4.
This is the FINALE and fourth event in the June Wednesday evening series designed for competition, practice and training.
Simple format - See below for scoring rules:
- MAXI (21 controls) = hard score course
- MIDI (14 controls) = medium score course
Open to all abilities - novice, junior and adult competitors.
Turn up and go.
Near: Tockholes near Blackburn. Lat,Lng: 53.68878,-2.50827 OS Grid Ref: SD665215 Postcode: BB3 0PA
Directions / Parking
Parking and Registration for Tockholes is in the rear car park between Vaughn's Cafe and the Royal Arms, Tockholes village, BB3 0PA.
Map / Terrain
Tockholes is an excellent wooded area with lots of interesting terrain and excellent orienteering features. The area has been used for orienteering for many years and is always a challenge.
Registration and Start times
Registration: 6:15 to 7:00PM
Starts: 6:30 to 7:15PM
Courses close at 8:00PM.
FINALE = 60 Minute Score: Two courses:
MAXI Course: TD5/4 (21 controls). Maximum score - 315 points.
Control numbers: 101 to 107 -10 points, 111 to 117 - 15 points, 121 to 127 - 20 points.
Small area rules: Visit 10s, before 15s, before 20s.
10 points penalty per minute late, or part thereof.
MIDI Course: TD4/3 (14 controls). Maximum score - 175 points.
Control numbers: 101 to 107 -10 points, 111 to 117 - 15 points.
Small area rules: Visit 10s, before 15s.
5 points penalty per minute late, or part thereof.
Control descriptions on the map will be IOF symbols.
A league table will be published weekly. Best 3 to count to the final result.
Seniors (M/W21+) £5
Juniors M/W20-) £2
First time orienteers, Free.
Dibber hire will be £1 and £40 if lost!
We'd prefer that dogs do not accompany you on courses but may be freely exercised in the woods after the event. There will be animal stock in fields adjacent to the woods.
Basically none. However you will be next to the Royal Arms serving meals and drinks. Toilet facilities for customers only.
The public toilets next to the cafe (closes circa 4:00PM) will probably be closed by the time Registration opens.
NOTE the CHANGE OF VENUE to Tockholes.
Contacts / Officials
Planner - Gillian Rowan-Wilde PFO
For general enquiries -