Yvette Baker Trophy HeatAitken WoodSat 11 May, 2019
Regional level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Pre Event Info
Yvette Baker Trophy North West Heat.
Using Aitken Wood and Whitehough Outdoor Centre as the event centre.
Near: Barley village. Lat,Lng: 53.85808,-2.25620 Postcode: BB12 9LF
Directions / Parking
Nearest postcode BB12 9LF. Park as directed on Barley New Rd before reaching the postcode. Ample roadside parking for cars, campers and minibuses. Please advise the Organiser if you wish to bring a large coach. Then 5 minutes walk to the event centre. Take everything you need.
Map / Terrain
Mostly runnable woodland, plus open and young plantation areas.
Registration and Start times
Registration open from 10:00.
Allow 10 minutes uphill walk, 40m height gain, from Registration to Start. Includes 2 stiles.
Starts from 10:30 till 12:30.
Courses Close at 14:30
|Yellow YBT||2.0 to 2.9k||TBA||TD2||-|
|Orange YBT||2.5 to 3.5k||TBA||TD3||-|
|Light Green YBT||3.0 to 4.0k||TBA||TD4||-|
|Green YBT||3.5 to 5.0k||TBA||TD5||-|
|Other courses||-||-||-||To be advised|
No dogs on courses. Dogs may be exercised locally on the many public rights of way in the area. This is sheep country in springtime, so please keep dogs under control and on leads in stock fields.
Sheltered registration and equipment deposit. Toilets. Cake stall.
Nearby Barley village has a pub, cafe, tea rooms, restaurant and access to Pendle Hill.
Contacts / Officials
For general enquiries -
Organiser - Bridget Jardine PFO
Planner - Gillian Rowan-Wilde PFO
Controller - George Crawford-Smith PFO