Night & DayDarwen Moor NightSat 07 December, 2019
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Pre Event Info
North West Night League event at Darwen Moor, near Blackburn.
This is event 2 in the 2019-20 North West Night League (NWNL) series. The league is sponsored by BrightBikeLights.
Safety: This is a winter event - WHISTLES and WATERPROOF JACKETS and RESERVE LIGHTING are MANDATORY and must be worn or carried - unless specifically relaxed by the controller. Carrying hats, gloves, additional thermal layers and waterproof trousers may also be necessary.
The next day, Sunday 8th, there will be a Darwen Moor Regional event using some of the same area. However, parking and registration will be at a different location. Usual courses.
Other NWNL night events will be listed here when available:
Near: Darwen Lat,Lng: 53.69051,-2.48789 OS Grid Ref: SD678215
Directions / Parking
In Darwen. TBA.
Map / Terrain
Darwen Moor, most notably identified by Darwen Tower visible from the M65, is a wild area of upland vegetation. There has been historic quarrying which has left behind many landform features. Some woodland. The area will provide challenging night navigation.
Registration and Start times
Registration from 5:30 to 6:45PM.
Starts from 6:00 to 7:15PM.
Courses close at 8:45PM
|Blue:||5.5 to 7.5k||TBA||TD5|
|Green:||3.5 to 5.0k||TBA||TD5|
|Orange:||2.5 to 3.5k||TBA||TD3|
Map: New area, new map. .
Control descriptions: On the map. Loose copies on waterproof paper available at the Start.
Seniors £8.00 (M/W21+)
Juniors £3.00 (M/W20-)
Dibber hire £1, but £40 if lost!
No dogs. This is sheep and grouse country.
At Registration: Meat or vegetarian hot meals and hot & cold drinks available at nominal cost. Toilets. Undercover changing.
BOF event number: 75746
Contacts / Officials
Planner: George Crawford-Smith PFO
Organiser: Bridget Jardine PFO
For general enquiries e-mail