Autumn Intro Series (4/4)Dean CloughSun 20 October, 2019
Regional level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Pre Event Info
IMPORTANT: This is a traditional MORNING event with first starts at 10:30. Previous events in this series have afternoon starts.
Event 4 of 4 of our Autumn Series at Dean Clough Reservoir.
Near: Langho Lat,Lng: 53.79442,-2.44467 OS Grid Ref: SD708332 Postcode: BB6 8DU
Directions / Parking
In the large layby on Whalley Old Rd/York Rd just uphill from the Lord Nelson pub at York village. You may also be directed to roadside parking nearby. Nearest postcode is BB6 8DU.
Best approach from west, north or east is via A59 to the roundabout with the A666. Follow this to Langho (1k) then turn uphill on to York Lane, then after 400m, turn right uphill on to Snodworth Road, which then has a T-junction with York Road on the hilltop. Turn left and parking is then on your left.
From the south, approach via the Blackburn northern ring road.
Park as directed.
Map / Terrain
The area offers all standards of orienteering. Mostly open undulating rough pastures but with areas of detailed woodland and old quarrying detail.
It is a condition of our permission to use the area that walls and fences must only be crossed at stiles, gates or natural breaks. Mandatory or optional crossing points for your course will be marked on your course map.
Registration and Start times
Registration: from 10:00 to 12:00
Starts: From 10:30 to 12:30
Courses Close: At 14:30
|Yellow:||2.0 to 2.9k||TBA||TD2 = Easy|
|Orange:||2.5 to 3.5k||TBA||TD3 = Moderate|
|Light Green:||3.0 to 4.0k||TBA||TD4 = Difficult|
|Green:||3.5 to 4.5k||TBA||TD5 = Very difficult|
|Short Blue:||4.5 to 6.5k||TBA||TD5|
|Blue:||5.5 to 7.5k||TBA||TD5|
|Brown:||8.5 to 12.0k||TBA||TD5|
Please always give way to other users of the area.
Adults (M/W21+) £7.00,
Juniors (M/W20-) £3.00.
Dibber hire £1.00 but £40 if lost!
Dogs must not be taken around courses as this is sheep country. After your run dogs may be exercised responsibly in the competition area. Leads and doggie etiquette please.
Toilets. Local pub.
BOF event number: 76114
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Judith Wood PFO
Controller: Jim Mitchell PFO
For general enquiries, contact: