(4/4) June Midweek Score SeriesPeel ParkWed 30 June, 2021
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Midweek SCORE Series. Event 4 of 4.
This is the FINALE event in the June Wednesday evening series designed for competition, practice and training.
Simple format - See below for scoring rules
- MAXI (21 controls) = harder, longer, ratchet score course
- MIDI (14 controls) = medium, medium, ratchet score course
- MINI Orange = easier, shorter, standard line course
Open to all abilities - novice, junior and adult competitors.
Pre-enter, Turn up and Go.
Control descriptions will be on the map, but not available as loose descriptions. You will be able to download them here nearer the date.
Near: Accrington Lat,Lng: 53.75920,-2.35142 OS Grid Ref: SD769292 Postcode: BB5 6HF
Directions / Parking
In the car park by the bowling green (our usual). If full, then roadside parking in Peel Park Avenue or St David's Wood (off PP Av)
What3Words coordinates: orbit.large.melon (Bowling Green car park)
Map / Terrain
The Peel Park & The Coppice area offers a very wide variety of complex terrain for all abilities. Forest, woodland, mine and quarry detail, open moors, WWII ditches, water features and more besides.
Registration and Start times
There is no Registration. Pre-entry via SIEntries. TBA
Dibber collection: 6:15 to 7:00PM
Starts: 6:30 to 7:15PM. The Start/Finish is near to dibber collection.
Courses close at 8:15PM.
FINALE is 60 Minute Score: Three courses:
MAXI Course: TD5/4 (21 controls). Maximum score - 315 points.
Control numbers: 101 to 107 -10 points, 111 to 117 - 15 points, 121 to 127 - 20 points.
Small area ratchet rules: Visit 10s, before 15s, before 20s.
10 points penalty per minute late, or part thereof.
MIDI Course: TD4/3 (14 controls). Maximum score - 175 points.
Control numbers: 101 to 107 -10 points, 111 to 117 - 15 points.
Small area ratchet rules: Visit 10s, before 15s.
5 points penalty per minute late, or part thereof.
MINI Orange: TD3 (?? controls, ?km, ??m).
No time limit.
For novices and improvers, at Orange standard.
Control descriptions on the map will be IOF symbols for MAXI and MIDI. Text descriptions for MINI Orange.
The final league table will be published for the MAXI, MIDI and MINI classes. Best 3 to count to the final result.
There is no Registration. Pre-entry only via SIEntries.
Seniors (M/W21+) £6.00. Senior pairs: £8.00
Juniors & Fulltime students: (M/W20-) £2.50. Junior/FTS pairs: £3.50
Dibber hire £1, but £40 if lost!
Well behaved dogs are permitted on courses, but must be under control. Adjacent fields may have livestock.
Peel Park Hotel (pub) is nearby and should be available for post-event and post-series celebrations.
BOF event number 79321
Contacts / Officials
Planner - Peter Stobbs PFO
Series Organiser - George Crawford-Smith PFO
For general enquiries -