(2/4) Autumn SeriesTBC Spring WoodSat 26 September, 2020
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Near: Whalley Lat,Lng: 53.82022,-2.39508 OS Grid Ref: SD740360 Postcode: BB7 9UE
Directions / Parking
Nearest postcode is BB7 9UE, but this is 300m from the car park and on the opposite side of the A671.
The entrance to Springwood car park is at the traffic lights where the B6246 joins the A671 dual carriageway. Take care at this junction as there may be fast approaching traffic or turning traffic. Bring coins to pay at the meter.
Take care on exit from the car park, which is controlled by the traffic lights.
Map / Terrain
The main area is open deciduous woodland with a good path network. The sloping terrain is mostly runnable, but with patches of bramble and regenerating rhododendrons. A tunnel leads to a second small area of woodland and a larger area of open fields with contour features from past activity.
Registration and Start times
Registration: Open 12:30 till 13:30.
Starts: 13:00 to 14:00.
Courses close: 15:30.
|Technical||4.0k to 5.0k||TBA||TD5. Format TBA.|
|Light Green||3,0k to 4.0k||TBA||TD4|
|Orange||2.5k to 3.5k||TBA||TD3|
|Yellow||2.0k to 2.9k||TBA||TD2|
|White||1.0k to 1.9k||TBA||TD1|
Entry fees: Adult (M/W21+) £6.00
Junior £2.00 (M/W20-)
Dogs allowed on courses under strict control. Adjacent fields may have sheep. Dogs may also be exercised in the woods after your run.
Toilets. Maybe an ice cream van!
Download the PFO entry form in advance. Complete and hand in at Registration:
PFO EOD Form v4 two per sheet
Contacts / Officials
Organiser & Planner - Kath & Mike Willis PFO
Controller - N/A
For general enquiries -