(3/4) June Midweek Score SeriesSunnyhurst WoodsWed 23 June, 2021
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
- Training events are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Most clubs run some 'mini series' throughout the year as local mid week events.
- Regional events attract participants from around the local Region.
- National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away,
- Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships or the annual JK competition.
Midweek SCORE Series. Event 3 of 4.
This is the third event in the June Wednesday evening series designed for competition, practice and training.
(Next: 30th FINALE Peel Park, Accrington.)
Simple format - See below for scoring rules
- MAXI (21 controls) = harder, longer, ratchet score course
- MIDI (14 controls) = medium, medium, ratchet score course
- MINI Orange = easier, shorter, standard line course
Open to all abilities - novice, junior and adult competitors.
Pre-enter, Turn up and Go.
Control descriptions will be on the map, but not available as loose descriptions. You can download them here.
Near: Darwen Lat,Lng: 53.70210,-2.48633 OS Grid Ref: SD679229 Postcode: BB3 1JA
Directions / Parking
What3Words coordinates: wishes.knee.liner for Earnsdale Road parking.
Map / Terrain
Wooded (90%) parklands (10%) with steep valley sides. Good path network.
The map has been newly redrawn using Lidar contour data. Not all vegetation has been remapped.
Registration and Start times
There is no Registration. Pre-entry via SIEntries. Pre-entries will close at midday on Tuesday 22nd June.
Dibber collection: 6:15 to 7:00PM
Starts: 6:30 to 7:15PM. The walk from Dibber collection to the Start is less than 250m.
Courses close at 8:00PM.
45 Minute Score series: Three courses:
(FINALE is 60 Minute Score)
MAXI Course: TD5/4 (21 controls). Maximum score - 315 points.
Control numbers: 101 to 107 -10 points, 111 to 117 - 15 points, 121 to 127 - 20 points.
Small area ratchet rules: Visit 10s, before 15s, before 20s.
10 points penalty per minute late, or part thereof.
MIDI Course: TD4/3 (14 controls). Maximum score - 175 points.
Control numbers: 101 to 107 -10 points, 111 to 117 - 15 points.
Small area ratchet rules: Visit 10s, before 15s.
5 points penalty per minute late, or part thereof.
MINI Course: TD4/3 (14 controls).
No time limit. ( Provisional: 9 controls, 2.2km, 75m)
For novices and improvers, at Orange standard.
Control descriptions on the map will be IOF symbols for MAXI and MIDI. Text descriptions for MINI Orange.
A league table will be published weekly for the MAXI, MIDI and MINI classes. Best 3 to count to the final result.
There is no Registration. Pre-entry only via SIEntries. TBA.
Seniors (M/W21+) £6.00. Senior pairs: £8.00
Juniors (M/W20) & Fulltime students: £2.50. Junior/FTS pairs: £3.50
Dibber hire £1, but £40 if lost!
Dogs are permitted on courses provide they are under control.
None. Go before you arrive. (Nearest toilets are at the service station at J4, the Darwen exit, of the M65. 2k from Sunnyhurst Woods.)
BOF event number 79320
Contacts / Officials
Planners - Kay Hawke PFO & Emma Taylor PFO
Series Organiser - George Crawford-Smith PFO
For general enquiries -